– Always wear a seatbelt. Whether you’re on a long road trip or driving down the block, protect yourself by wearing a seatbelt.
– Keep the phone in your pocket or purse. Eliminate the potential distraction and make the decision now that no text message or phone call is worth a possible fatal accident.
– Avoid distractions caused by switching radio stations/songs while in the car. Even looking away for a second can end up causing an accident.
– Slow down. Speeding can easily cause an accident and if it doesn’t, a speeding ticket. Getting somewhere 5 minutes earlier isn’t worth the risk. Allow yourself plenty of time to get to your location safely.
– Pull over if you’re tired for a quick power nap or switch drivers.
The large majority of car accidents are caused by distraction, meaning these are preventable. If you’ve found yourself the victim of a car accident, our Personal Injury Attorneys are here to advocate for you. You deserve time to heal, compensation for medical expenses incurred, and compensation for time taken off work. That’s what we’re here for.
Ready to schedule a free consultation? Give us a call, 435-752-2610.